Wednesday 2 May 2018

CASE this Sketch Challenge #269

Hi there! I'm halfway thru the week and so looking forward to the weekend. At least the weather isn't too bad at the moment, no rain hovering around but its gradually getting colder again......Summer seems so far away.......






I haven't joined in the fun at CASE this Sketch for AGES and when I saw the sketch last week I just couldn't get it out of my mind. I was still in rainbow mode I'm afraid but it looks kind of cool on this one:



This was lots of fun to do, like doing a rainbow jigsaw puzzle!!

I started off by grabbing a whole lot of Distress Inks and using my mini-blending tool, I added colours to some white CS. I then used my MFT Stamps 'Colour Drops' dies to die-cut from each colour. In the two corners of my card base, I popped the die-cuts on some foam tape, creating a circle as close together as I could. I then cut off any over-hanging pieces. 

The sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'You Give Me Butterflies') was heat embossed in white on black CS and put on a double layer of foam tape so it sat above the die-cuts. I also glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled in a rainbow of colours.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge as well, where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.



Time to go and do the dishes and get in my pjs. Did some major gardening work today and feel absolutely gutted. I can't wait to slip into my bed (with the electric blanket on), watch a little bit of Netflix on my Ipad and then go to sleep. Tomorrows garden is even worse, so an early night is probably a good idea.....

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Shona - and yes, it's cooling up here too, with another frost this morning. I hear you about the gardens, mine seem to have had another lease on life at the moment, well, the weeds have - grrrr thought I had them pretty well done until spring!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping you survived that 2nd garden. Clever use of the drops to make petals. Remind me of Trivial Pursuit discs when they're rilled up.They look glorious with that bold black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete