Thursday 17 May 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - May New Release - Day 3

Welcome back to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps May New Release and here we are on Day 3!! We have another stamp set and matching fri-dies to share with you today.

Introducing the Peaceful Garden stamp set and Garden Fri-dies: 


I love anything to do with florals so have fallen in love with these two sets. The possibilities are endless with what you can do with the stamps and dies!!


These flower dies are so fabulous, I wanted to use them straight away and came up with this 'ombre' look while searching through my paint chips for another card!

I started off by cutting a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. I then grabbed my paint chips and chose five pink colours from dark to light. Then came the fun part of die-cutting the largest flower die 3x from each colour and gluing them to the panel. All I had to do then was put the panel of a piece of white foam and stamp the sentiment, which was put on foam as well. And I found some Neat and Tangled sequins that matched perfectly!!


I've had some Distress Oxide inks for a while now but only used them for creating backgrounds. I wanted to try a different coloured card base and thought it was about time I tried stamping with the inks!!

I cut a panel of kraft CS slightly smaller than the card front. Using Distress Oxide Inks 'Broken China', 'Worn Lipstick', 'Wilted Violet' and 'Cracked Pistachio' I stamped the images, making up the pattern as I went along. I love the coverage on the kraft and the colours are so vivid, definitely doing this again!!

To add the details to the larger flowers and some leaves, I used Hero Arts 'Bubblegum' Mid-tone Shadow Ink and Waffle Flower 'Chirp Chirp'. Both of these are dye inks and thought it would be better to do that than put a pigment ink on top.

To put it all together I decided to cut a strip out of the panel. Before I put the panel bits on foam pieces, I stamped the sentiment in black. And to finish I glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what you can do with these new sets. And to see some more incredible projects, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see what the other Girl Fridays have created for you.

And if your itching to buy the New Release, its all available right now in the CFS Shop and if you use my special code you can save yourself 15%!!

 
 I'll see you back here tomorrow for Day 4 where we have one more stamp and die set to share with you.

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this stamp/die set...it is so up my alley. Just look at the amazeness that you created. Love the reapeated pattern of that die (my favorite one in this set) and those oxides on kraft look gorgeous. Love the sentment treatment on it, too. I'm off to shop.

    ReplyDelete