Sunday 10 December 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Christmas card idea

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas from New Zealand!! We are extremely lucky to be the very first country in the world to see in a new day, so that means we get to have Christmas first too!! So I can imagine in a few hours there will be wrapping paper everywhere and hopefully very happy children!!!

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with a last minute Christmas card idea. It came to me while I was making another card and I had a whole lot of left-over die pieces, which I thought would make a great Christmas tree!!


This of course was super simple to make (which is good for a last-minute design...) and I thought the tree looked so pretty against the blue background!!

I started off by using my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' to create the background colour. To add some sparkle and some interest I sprayed the card front with some Imagine Crafts 'Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz', doing it close up to form lots of droplets. I let it sit for a few seconds and then dabbed the droplets with tissues.

After working out where the tree would sit, I glued on the snowflakes. They were die-cut using the Funky Flake Fri-Dies set. To finish off I stamped the sentiment from Snowy Sayings and added some blue and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.



If your wanting to stock up on these products to use on next years Christmas cards, don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15%!!





Thanks so much for stopping by, as I'm sure if your on the otherside of the world your still rushing around getting everything ready for the big day. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and happy, healthy and crafty 2018!!!

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment