Thursday 24 August 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday - August

Hello there, so nice to see you!! Thanks for popping in to see my CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Girl Friday' blog post for this month. I was going to say 'its my time of the month' but that didn't quite sound right, if you get my drift.....lol....




I had (what I thought..) to be a great idea for a card for this post but of course it turned to custard. I wanted to use the ballerina and make a spinning card so it would look like she was twirling. To do it I needed to 'mirror' the stamp image but no matter how much I tried I couldn't get a good enough mirrored image. I think it's because there is so much solid area on the stamp. Maybe if I had some of the special 'mirror' stamps it would have worked. 

However, it lead to this idea and I think this looks just as pretty:


 
Way back in February this year, Jennifer McGuire had a post where she created 'Tulle Window Cards'. I tried it once, using a white, sparkly, see-thru ribbon and loved the effect. Since I couldn't get the ballerina to spin, I thought maybe I could have her floating in the air instead, so I tried this technique again!!

I started off by stamping the ballerina from Tutu three times with Waffle Flower 'Safe Choice' ink and then fussy cut her out. I grabbed one of the Bubble Box Fri-Dies and die-cut it from the card front. I then cut a smaller panel of white CS and cut it from that as well. 

I wanted to add some tiny flowers around the edge of the die-cut but didn't want them to be uniformed in their stamping. So.....I used my largest stamp block and the Full on Floral stamp. I used the same pink ink pad and just inked the corner of the stamp. I masked off the rest of the area and stamped with the corner. I kept doing this, masking as I went and alternating between two corners for a bit of variety. I love how it turned out!

Now I could adhere the ribbon across the die-cut on the card front and then stick the top panel in place. I stuck the ballerina on using very thin strips of double-sided tape and used thin strips of foam tape for the sentiment (which is also from the 'Tutu' stamp set). I wasn't too worried about how it would look from the back. 

For some sparkle I added some of the Sistahood Sparkle Limited Edition Sequin Mix and for some dimension some Nuvo Crystal Drops in White to the middle of all the flowers. And just incase I've completely confused you with my instructions (I'm not the best at explaining things sometimes....), here is what the card looks like standing up:


It is slightly see-thru so you will see the writing inside the card but its opaque enough so when its standing, the words won't be so visible.




 If your thinking about purchasing any of the items I've used today or any others from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15%!!







Thanks again for stopping by and I hope the rest of your week goes by smoothly and that the sun shines brightly!!

Take care
Shona
 




 

2 comments:

  1. Kind of glad she doesn't spin so as not to distract from all the intricate work you did on her. This looks so soft, lovely and feminine. That pink ink is the perfect choice and the ribbon the perfect background. You have totally outdone yourself...how can you top this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable card...just love your sweet ballerina, spinning or not.

    ReplyDelete