Thursday 11 May 2017

The Heart Desires Challenge # 12

Hi there everyone!! Its late Thursday afternoon here in New Zealand and its been raining all day. So no gardening for me, which means I had time to fit in making a card or two. And as I've been very lucky to have gotten my hands on so many new products lately, I thought I better put them to use!!





Aren't these colours amazing??!! This is the inspiration for this months The Heart Desires challenge and I thought these colours would make a fun and pretty card to brighten up a friends day:
 

Bright and happy don't you think? Certainly makes me smile whenever I look at it. And then my smile falters slightly when I remember how long it took to water colour all these lines but it was so worth it!!!

I stamped and heat embossed the 'Zig Zag Background Stamp' from My Favourite Things in white on a piece of water colour CS. Then, using a mix of Zig Real Color Brush Markers and my Gansai Tambi paint set, I randomly coloured in the lines, trying not to go over the edges.  Once it was dry I die-cut it using a waffle-edged die from Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Audrey Cutaways'. And I also die-cut the 'Hugs' die from My Favourite Things.

I decided to keep the area behind the word die-cut white, so the panel was popped up on the card front with lots of foam tape. The sentiment (from MFT 'Somebunny') was heat embossed in white on a strip of black CS and put on foam tape. And I added some clear sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit of sparkle.

I'm also going to link this to the Stamplorations CAS Card Challenge - May where their theme is 'Feminine Colours'.

 

As its been raining all day I have a pile of wet washing that needs to be hung up on the drying rack. Thank goodness we have a brilliant log fire and they will all be dry by the morning but its not very pleasant looking at wet underwear while watching tv. Oh how I wish we had a bigger house!!

Take care
Shona

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I totally love this! The watercoloring is perfect! Thanks for joining us at THD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at THD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shona! Brilliant colors! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations May CAS Challenge! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete