Thursday 18 May 2017

Altenew May Inspiration Challenge - Entry #2

Hi everybody! Its been raining here for the past two days, which has meant no gardening and lots of housework. I even managed to squeeze in a card or two as I got the idea for this card yesterday and the leftovers turned into another card (but that's for another post....).





This is the inspiration photo for this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge. The Gallery is filled with lots of beautifully coloured flowers. I wondered if I could come up with something that didn't require any colouring or stamping and this is what happened:
 

Oh how I love this background die!!! I have so many ideas about what I can do with it but there just aren't enough hours in the day to make them all!!

For this card I started by cutting a panel of green CS and adhering to the card front. I then die-cut the background die from dark pink CS and glued it over the green. To incorporate the lighter pink and add some interest to the card, I used a paint chip that was only as big as the middle part of the die and put it through my Cuttlebug. This gave me the petals to inlay into the flower. 

I purchased some Tonic Nuvo Drops in white last year but have hardly ever used it. I thought if I could keep a steady hand, the drops would make fantastic embellishments against the dark pink. Thank goodness I was able to keep them all around the same size and they have dried perfectly. 

I didn't want to cover up the card with a huge sentiment so simply stamped the 'hello' on white CS and popped up on foam tape. All done and not one pencil or marker involved!!

The background die is from Altenew 'Layered Medallions Cover Die B'. The sentiment is also from Altenew but not from a set, it was part of a freebie that came with a cardmaking magazine last year.

As I mentioned I made another card from the die-cutting leftovers, so will do another blog post shortly. I better go and make dinner before that as the children are getting hungry and hungry children equals mayhem!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment: