Thursday 11 August 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 63

Hi there, just popping in with a quick reminder about our current challenge at TIME OUT. Our theme is:


                          HOLIDAYS with the optional twist of no stamping
                                         (stamped sentiments allowed)


'No stamping' is totally optional but if you do decided to 'twist' you have the chance of winning a gift voucher from Uniko Studio, which would certainly encourage me to put my stamp sets away!!



I decided to go without stamping again and add another card to my Christmas collection, as I want to send out as many as possible this year. So out came some Christmas dies and patterned paper ('what?' I hear you say):


Yes, thats right, I used some patterned paper. Doesn't happen often and I have so many 6x6 paper pads to use, so its nice to give them an airing.

I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and used a hole punch to cut two small holes. I threaded some red/white twine through it and adhered it loosely at the back so it hung down a little (like the stockings were heavy with goodies). I stamped the sentiment (from Uniko Studio 'Rustic Christmas') in black and then grabbed my Cuttlebug.

I chose four different papers from Lawn Fawn 'Peace Joy Love' and die-cut stockings (using Waffle Flower 'Stockings' die). I also die-cut the fluffy part at the top of the stocking from white CS and glued it to the top of each one. To stick the stockings to the the twine I added double-sided tape to the back of each one at the top and pressed against the twine.

The panel was then popped up with lots of foam tape on the card front and I added lashing of Wink of Stella to the stocking tops. This was so much fun to make and nice to include paper and twine on a card for a change.

You have until Wednesday 17th August to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and the rest of the Design Team have some more ideas on the blog for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with without your stamps!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow DSP, very impressed! Like the mix of colours and such a cool idea to have the twine hang as if lots of goodies in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous patterns on those delicious Christmas stockings, Shona ... love how they're well filled with Santa goodness! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete