Monday 12 October 2015

Waffle Flower Crafts Challenge - October

Such an exciting day!! Its my first post as a Design Team Member for the Waffle Flower Crafts  challenge. We have one of my favourite techniques for the theme this month:


You can do any type of embossing you like on your project. I still find heat embossing magical and have seen some amazing embossing folders lately. You could also use some embossing paste. The choice is yours! We also have some more ideas for you:



This is the sketch and colour inspiration for this challenge. You can use any of the colours from the photo and the sketch can be rotated etc. So many possibilities!!



I started this by using an embossing folder (from Couture Creations) on the card base. I then gathered some paint chips together to create a blue ombre effect and die-cut each colour using the Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Die set'.  I arranged the flower with the different colours and put washi tape on the back to keep them all together. I popped the flower up on foam tape and trimmed off the over-hanging pieces. I wanted a very simple sentiment so heat embossed 'happy birthday' from the Waffle Flower 'Lotus' stamp set on to some white CS and popped up on foam tape.


The Waffle Flower Crafts challenge ends on Sunday 25th October, so plenty of time for you to get creating and join in. And if you need any help with inspiration, please visit the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. I hope to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona



8 comments:

  1. LOVE the Flower Circles die in shades of BLUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you do with those paint chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally love your card.. so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the circles and the ombre effect on the die cut element.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the blue circle too
    you have so many lovely blue paper Shona
    and as DT your card is AWESOME sweety
    I am sad I cant buy waffle flower stamp in Germany
    also I will not join the challenge
    maybe if one day I won somewhere the product I will join sweety
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely first WF DT card, Shona ... all those yummy circles and delicious texture are fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your debut card is simply lovely, Shona...the blues (paint chips are so great to have on hand!), the flower, the embossed circles...a real delight!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new Design Team position, Shona! I love your take on the sketch, and your color combo is so pretty! Love your embossed background, too...totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete