Thursday 9 July 2015

Just Add Ink Challenge # 270

Its Friday again which means its time for a new Just Add Ink challenge! This week we are giving you a chance to get a jump-start on your Christmas cards, with a beautiful inspiration photo:


Red and white is such a beautiful, crisp colour combo for Christmas and one of my favourites for cards and decorations. I have a red and white twine wreath that I made two years ago and love putting it on my front door each year. This gave me the idea for my card:


I die-cut the wreath from the card front and also from red CS. After adhering a piece of white CS behind the front panel, I glued in the wreath. I also die-cut the 'merry' three times from red CS and glued them all together. This was adhered over the wreath. The rest of the sentiment was stamped in red and of course I had to add some clear and red sequins for Christmas sparkle!!

The wreath is from Papertrey Ink, the 'merry' die and stamp is from WPlus9 'Hand Lettered Holiday' and the clear sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Little Tangles Challenge # 58 where their theme is:

Will also link to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 89 where their theme is 'Get ahead for Christmas'.

You have until next Wednesday to enter the Just Add Ink Challenge and if you need any inspiration, the rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous projects for you on the blog. Hope I see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona



 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my love your simplistic style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....this is just so beautiful and I love the wonderful clean look you created! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I loved this straight away Shona - the strong colour contrast, the inset wreath, scrolly sentiment - just gorgeous details. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, my friend. Love the contrast between red and white. Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Shona! I just love your inset wreath and the raised sentiment! Just gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, clean and elegant Christmas card. I always love your style Shona. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a way of keeping your cards so simple and yet ultra-stunning! I am in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crisp and fresh and so festive, Shona ... love that red and white colour combo! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second the others, Shona: crisp, fresh, festive and stunning! And elegant...most definitely elegant!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and festive! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Die-cutting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete