Thursday 16 July 2015

CASology Challenge Week # 155

I'm popping in quickly to post this card before running off to bed to watch a movie. Its pouring with rain and it makes me so sleepy hearing the rain on the roof. I was up till 3am this morning working on cards, so finding it hard to keep my eyes open (its nearly 8.30pm Thursday night). And the kids and I were running around all day doing all sorts of jobs and walking the dog etc. I imagine they will sneak into bed beside me like they did the other night, so better not watch a horror movie.....

So the cue word at CASology this week is 'Cupcake'. Yum!!! I do have a Paper Smooches Cupcake die that would be perfect to use but as usual I wanted to do something a bit different....



This is my 'cup' with a 'cake' in it!!! Do you think this will pass??

I started by inking half the candle stamp (as it was a bit long) and stamping in yellow. After stamping the flame in orange, I very carefully stamped the cup and then saucer. I'm so bad at lining things up and I'm so amazed I didn't leave any gaps! I then used two different stamp sets to create the sentiment and added a couple of sequins for bling. One-layer wonder!

The cup and saucer stamps are from Paper Smooches 'Cyber Cafe'. The candle and flame stamps are from Whimsy Stamps 'Happy Everything'. The first part of the sentiment is from 'The Afternoon Tea Set' but I don't know who made them. The 'love' is also Whimsy Stamps 'Thanks a million'. And the sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to also link this to the Happy Little Stampers July CAS Challenge where their theme is:


EDIT Saturday 18th JulyMy friend Kimberly told me this would be perfect for another challenge Stampin' Celebration # 108  where they have this gorgeous inspiration photo. Might have to start following this one, always great to hear about new challenges to enter, thanks Kimberly!!



Right, thats it for me, my bed is calling!!! Hope you've all had a good week. The kids are back to school on Monday, I'm sure some part of them will be glad to go back (even though they tell me they want to stay home with me forever). I must be making homelife way to fun, might have to start being a bit more boring......don't think I can pull that off though......

Take care
Shona
 



 

15 comments:

  1. My card started off with exactly the same idea... but I couldn't make it work as well as you did... so I went another direction!
    LOVE this. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and creative...you know I love this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous interpretation of 'cup' 'cake'! And so brilliantly executed, Shona. A wonderful one layer card. Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona this is super cute. I love the play on theme by stretching it but nailing it at the same time. Thank you for sharing this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous CAS design as ever from you Shona! Thank you for sharing at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, SUCH a brilliant take on the cue!! Such a gorgeous sentiment too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASology. Always such a treat! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE Shona!!! Yay !!!
    Thanks so much for joining CASology this week, Yummy!!!!

    This card also applies to the Stampin' Celebration Challege too!!
    Here is the link:
    http://stampincelebrationblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/sc108-inspiration-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative design Shona! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha ... how fun is your 'cup' cake, Shona ... just brilliant ... and so sweet! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and clever. I love how you used a cup for your cupcake. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cake-in-a-cup is fantastic - and something I'd most certain love, especially with a scoop of ice cream on the side! So inspiring...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card! The candle definitely adds to the card, and I love the saying! Thanks for playing along with Stampin celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! Love the CAS look to your card. I always find it hard to do one layer cards but you nailed this one! So glad you joined us at Stampin' Celebration and hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a clever twist on the cupcake theme! Thank you for linking up with Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete