Saturday 4 April 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge - Week 5

What a beautiful day it is today. A wee bit windy but super hot (still) and no rain in sight (hmmmmm...). There is a HUGE airshow on in Blenheim this Easter Weekend and the town is packed. We went up the Wither Hills yesterday afternoon to watch the fighter planes, bi-planes etc practicing for the show. Peter Jackson (yes, that one!!) is around somewhere. He has alot of his old planes in our air museum, so wonder if any of his famous friends will attend with him.....


Its an 'Anything Goes' theme at the Paper Smooches - Sparks Challenge this week. This will actually be my third entry as I'm enjoying playing with my new flower dies so much. I was very lucky to win the sketch challenge last week, which came with a $30 voucher so can't wait to add to my little PS collection!

The idea for this card came from the always creative (and mind-blowing) Cornelia of Stempel Spass. She saw a video tutorial by my crafting hero Laura Bassen at PPI - Make it Monday on Double Die Cutting. Cornelia's card looked incredible so I took a look at the video. Its so cool and I was so excited I had to try it straight away:


It took quite a few goes to get the word in the right place (and I had to swap the word I was using first as the shape wouldn't work) but I finally got it and just LOVE the technique. Thank you Cornelia and Laura!!!!

Just incase you don't get to the watch the video, I started by cutting a piece of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. I drew a line where I wanted the bottom of the die cuts to be and placed the bottom of the word die just below the line. I then lined up the top cutting plate with that line, so it wouldn't cut the word all the way through. I then used a circle die and did the same thing with the top plate. I grabbed my ruler and scalpel and cut along the bottom of the dies to get rid of any un-cut card and voila!! The video is much better to watch and Laura is hilarious.

I marked (with pencil) where the window would go over the card front and added a piece of patterned paper. After stamping the 'you always' sentiment, the panel was popped up on some foam tape. I glued the die-cut bottom flower to the card and then used foam tape for the top flower. 

The 'love' die and flower dies are from Paper Smooches. The sentiment stamp is from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy'. The patterned paper is from Dear Lizzy 'Serendipity'.

I'm going to link this to three other challenges:

Virginia's View Challenge # 14 (Dimensions and Layers)


Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Pastels)

The Challenge # 28 (1st Anniversary - Anything Goes)


Need to get myself organised. I'm taking the kids 'cardboarding' this afternoon. Its where you find a big hill, jump on pieces of cardboard and hold on tight as you zoom down at lightning speed! Hopefully none of us end up at A&E and have a brilliant time. Wish me luck!

Take care
Shona
 

14 comments:

  1. Stunning, beautiful and so fabulous! Love your sweet card...love the clean look you created and that beautiful background...so pretty. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...love how feminine this is ! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous!! I just love Paper Smooches!! :) Stunning job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, pretty, Shona ... so fresh and feminine! Congratulations on your win ... looking forward to seeing your new goodies in use! Joyeuses Pâques to you and yours, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. REally gorgeous, Shona!! Love that you've shared them with us at The Challenge!!! Yay! for your win of more PS goodies!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the double die cutting, Shona! This is just beautiful! Always nice to add to our stash with some favorites, isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, divine colors!! Love the design of the double partial die cut!!

    Thanks for joining us at The Challenge on our Anniversary Linky Party Celebration! Sure hope that you join us again for a BRAND NEW exciting challenge tomorrow! -YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG OMG OMG!! This is AWESOME!! LOVE ALL of the Stamping and the Die Cutting that you did!! What a FUN Design!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!! =) Have a FABULOUS Easter Sunday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous double partial die cutting! beautiful card! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy this is pretty! I love your clean lines and the fresh look of this card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Shona! You've worked magic with the partial die-cutting technique, and adding the oh-so-sweet flower to the outside edge is *the* perfect special touch! Hope cardboarding was a blast!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. cheap nike free 5.0 womens circling his head big question At this time cheap nike free 5.0 mens leading car has cheap nike free 5.0 womens arrived, the Secretary down the car, mark. into the crowd, nike free 5.0 running shoes sale and asked how it was. cheap nike free 5.0 womens How it was. cheap nike free 5.0 womens How they went. Two inspectors looked at each other, What was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, Shona! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Layers and Dimensions” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete