Friday 17 April 2015

Paper Smooches - Sparks April 12-18 Picture Perfect Challenge

Its very late and the kids should be in bed but they are watching tv quietly in the dark in the lounge, with me beside them blogging away. Wanted to get this card posted before I forgot!!




Isn't this picture glorious??! This is the inspiration photo for the Paper Smooches - Sparks April 12-18 Picture Perfect Challenge this week. I remember making a whole lot of these for Christmas two years ago in different shades of blue, so beautiful. Just love these colours and also the taupe stripes in the background. This is what I came up with:



I received some new Paper Smooches products this week, including these butterfly dies that I've wanted for ages, so you can imagine how many cards these will be turning up on.......

I found a taupe (not quite stripe) patterned paper and cut to fit the front of my card. I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller and stamped the sentiment in black. I cut the larger butterflies from vellum and the smaller one from the three different colours of CS. I bent the coloured wings up and glued them to the vellum and then to the panel (like the three hanging decorations). A few co-ordinating enamel dots and I attached the panel with lots of foam tape.

The patterned paper is from Teresa Collins 'You are my Happy'. The butterfly dies are from Paper Smooches, as well as the sentiment from the set 'Uplifters'. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

House of Cards - April Challenge


Uniko Studio Challenge # 20 (Things with Wings)

Virginia's View Challenge # 14


I have cards to make and cards to post but my bed is calling (and the kids are off to bed). It's also raining (finally, only the 4th time this year so far.....) and listening to the rain on our tin roof is always 'very soothing' says Max (8yrs old going on 60yrs). So will try to stop thinking about card designs, grab a trashy magazine and try to rest.

Take care
Shona

 

17 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Shona. I've just noticed Kylie was first in but you are certainly very speedy behind her. Love your butterflies and the gorgeous pastel colours you've used.
    thanks for playing along at Uniko Studio. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful layered butterflies, Shona. Love your soft color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous combination of challenges. Your card is so pretty, the butterflies are gorgeous and I do like the vellum layer. Thanks so much for playing along with Uniko Studio this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Shona and the colours so yummy. The DSP really compliments the colours.Great to see you at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, such gentle colours.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER pretty! LOVE the colors, and the layered butterflies--great minds think alike! I did the same, but opposite! GORGEOUS card, Shona! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you created the butterflies. Your card is so pretty with that border all the way around. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the perfect colour combo for you, Shona! Love those butterfly dies. Great take on the inspiration photo and also great to see you over at Uniko Studio too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yor card is so lovely! I really like your style Shona! I very mich enjoy reading your posts too :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona! I'll trade you a dozen blooms for butterflies?! So darling!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a wonderful evening with your trashy magazine! Sounds like a perfect night to me. And I LOVE your gorgeous card with your new goodies! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glorious, Shona ... just beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! I love the layered and pastel butterflies and the pattern on the base card adds the perfect touch. Thanks for linking up at Uniko Studio. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To quote a dear friend of mine...winner winner chicken dinner! This is one stunning card. I love your sweet butterflies and that sentiment, I swoon over! Love your amazing card Shona. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Delicious - just looking at all the HOC cards and yours stands out!

    ReplyDelete