Tuesday 31 March 2015

Showcase your Style Challenge # 11

I just love watching video's of people colour images on their cards. It's extremely relaxing and I'm in awe of their artistic skills and abilities. I know it must take a lot of practice but I sometimes wish I had been born with some sort of drawing ability.


Its taken me nearly a week to get up the courage to make my card for the Showcase your Style challenge. With what I had in mind, I knew I would need to colour in some critters. I only have some pencils and have picked up a few ideas from the video's but feel I've got a long way to go........


I spent quite a while in the wee small hours of this morning, stamping and colouring a batch of different critters. I thought that if I go to sleep and look at them again with fresh eyes, I could choose the best ones.

After die-cutting the circle from the card front, I die-cut a piece of green CS with a stitched-curved die for the grassy hill. This was adhered inside the circle. I then glued a piece of white CS behind the hill and the circle. The toadstools where tucked and glued behind the hill. I adhered the owl and rabbit on the hill itself and then used foam tape to attach the sentiment. A few sky blue enamel dots finished off the scene.

The circle die is from Couture Creations and the stitched-curved die is from Pretty Pink Posh. The critter stamps are from Kaisercraft and the sentiment from Fiskars 'Say What?'. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm going to link this to four other challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes)

Uniko Studio Challenge # 19 (Anything Goes)

Simply Create Too # 82 (Anything Goes)

Seize the Birthday Challenge (Anything Goes


Max (8yrs) stayed home with me today, just because. Both kids used to ask to stay home all the time so I said they could both have one day off each term, no questions asked. It's worked out well. We had a lovely day walking Bella, playing on the trampoline and watching funny clips on YouTube. Almost tempted to let him stay home again tomorrow but only have two days left before their two week school holidays and need to get myself prepared!!

Take care
Shona

10 comments:

  1. you are too hard on yourself, your colouring is great and it is relaxing. You have made a sweet little scene. Thanks for joining us at Uniko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little scene is precious, Shona, with darling critters that, from where I'm sitting, are perfectly coloured. Charming! How fabulous you give your children an unasked day off once per term...sometimes 'just because' is reason enough! You are one savvy mom!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a SWEET card, love the scenery you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little scene Shona, perfect take on the inspiration! You look like you had a blast with your colouring, but be warned, it's addictive lol. When I started started making cards I was 'too scared' to stamp on the actual card or colour (just in case I made a mistake) and now I make mistakes all the time and sometimes I don't, it's all part of the fun for me. Can't wait to see your next coloured critters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little scene, Shona ... your cute little happy critters are perfect with that fabulous sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One must zoom in to see how darling this really is, Shona... love those little critters!! Wonderful coloring....
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my.....this is just so darling! I love your sweet critters, just so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great take on the image! such a fun card!!! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Practice makes it easier.... At first I didn't want to show mt colouring and know I feel myself blushing as someone gives a compliment... So just enjoy it; it is so much fun to do!
    Like the critters and the design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday, we sure appreciate you linking up!

    ReplyDelete