Sunday 29 March 2015

Merry Monday Challenge # 151



I've seen quite a few cards lately where the designers have layered the die-cuts with black cardstock. It looks so effective and stylish. I've layered with other colours before but always forget about black. Decided it was time to give this a go:


A few weeks ago I was able to buy a second-hand die (by Memory Box - Pine Tree Trio) and was just waiting for a chance to try it out. As you can see, the challenge at Merry Monday was absolutely perfect!

This was super simple to make. I die-cut the tree's 3 times from black CS. I then die-cut from some new green cardstock I have (DCWV - Textured Brights and Pastels). It has this very subtle lined texture to it, which unfortunately doesn't show well in the photo but I loved it for the tree's. I glued all the layers together and adhered to the card front. I then stamped the pretty sentiment from Uniko Studio 'Rustic Christmas'.

I really like the black edge those layers give to the tree's and really makes them stand out even more from the white background. Fantastic technique and will definitely be doing it more!!

I'm going to link this to the Simply Create Too Challenge # 82 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is also 'Anything Goes'.

And finally, I will link to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 19 where their theme is 'Anything Goes' as well.

Everyone is really tired after their sleepovers last night, me included! So its a nice lazy afternoon here (well, it is now for me after packing Phoebe for camp....). I've packed everything (including the kitchen sink my husband said) so hopefully she will be able to stay warm and dry. Will be interesting to see how its all packed when she comes back on Thursday.....

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAS card, Shona! I love the crisp, clean lines on the trees and the elegant font on the sentiment...it's just perfect!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog...you really know how to make my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a crisp CAS card! Love the layered die cuts - the trees look really fresh with lots of white space around them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect CAS card, Shona! Putting the black layers behind the trees really lets them stand out and that's a beautiful font for the sentiment! Beautifully put together! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CAS card!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crisp and fresh and gorgeous, Shona ... CAS perfection! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's perfect!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection :) Thanks for linking up at Uniko Studio. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Christmas card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS and eye-catching. I've not tried the black, so that's going on to my 'must do' list! The Uniko sentiment is lovely - and that's going on to my shopping wish list. Hope you're feeling more rested today...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an elegant CAS card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

    Hugs, Marja
    Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete