Sunday 7 September 2014

Muse Challenge #83

I've just realised its midnight and I had decided that I would go to bed early tonight. Oops..... I just find it sometimes takes so long to do a blog post, by the time I've copied blog addresses, made links, pasted images etc, a quick post can take half an hour. I do love doing it all though, just wish my internet connection was much faster (or maybe I mean my brain......)!

This is the gorgeous card this week for the Muse Challenge. They have the most incredible cards for inspiration. I loved the colours and the intricate butterfly die. Here is what I came up with:





I chose to do a softer pink using distress inks and stamped my butterfly straight on top. I added a little Wink of Stella to the wings for a bit of sparkle. I popped the pink card on some foam squares above a slightly larger piece of black cardstock. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on to some vellum and carefully glued to the front. Just a couple of enamel dots and a rhinestone made it on to the card as I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. 

The butterfly stamp is from Couture Creations and the sentiment from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'. The enamel dots are from Papervine and the rhinestone from Kaisercraft.

I really wanted to link this card to the challenge at Addicted to Stamps #111 where their theme is 'Anything Goes with the optional twist of Get Well/Thinking of You'. They have dedicated this challenge to their friend Marie who has health problems at the moment. They wanted her to know that people are thinking of her. This is so lovely of them and I'm sure Marie would be so touched at their kindness.

I'm also going to link this to the challenge at CAS on Sunday #41 where their theme is 'Black and White with one colour'. I've gone with black/white and pink.

And of course I will be linking to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme for Stamptember is 'Stamp it'. This is my second entry.

I also wanted to mention that I have been a huge fan of Joan Rivers for many years and was so shocked yesterday to hear that she had passed away. To lose her and Robin Williams within the past few months is heartbreaking as I loved their humour and craziness so much. No one will ever be able to replace them and I don't think anyone will make me laugh so hard. They will certainly be missed.

Take care
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Shona-firstly congrats on your win at ATSM last week, we loved your card. And here is another beauty! I like the softer pink you have chosen and the vellum strip allows us to see this gorgeous colour. Thanks for joining us again at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona, congrats on your win at the last ATSM challenge - I was a big fan of your card;)
    - and I am essentially repeating what Sandie already said - beautiful card you made here - lovely those soft colors! Great to see you playing again with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Shona! sweet design, luv the background and butterfly! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday StampTember Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, it is always such a pleasure to visit your blog, your cards are always so beautiful, so is this one too! thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet take on Vicki's card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 'ocd' self loves that you straightened the panel! lol! I love that it's clearly inspired by Vicki, but also clearly your own. Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your fab layout, it really has the WOW factor, it's so unique and such a great take on Vicki's card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design - love the soft pink and your squared off panel. A lovely CAS take on Vicki's vibrant card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful take on my card! The straightened and stamped bfly makes it your own with still seeing the inspiration - Thanks so much for joining in at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely, Shona ... love the corner design ... the softness of the pink is fabulous with the pretty shimmery butterfly! I can so relate to the speed of your internet connection ... ours is steam driven ... and it takes me as long to do a post as it does to make a card!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete