Monday 29 September 2014

CASology Challenge Week #114 - Flutter

The sun is finally breaking through and have just taken the dogs for a walk with Phoebe on her roller skates, Max on his scooter and Mum with the 'poo bags'. We got up very late this morning (yay for the school holidays!) and even managed to finish a card this morning without much(ish) interruption.


You know I love the CASology challenge and this week they had the fantastic cue word 'Flutter'. Now I found myself automatically thinking of butterflies and birds but as usual I tried to think outside the square a smidge....



I love when you think of 'hearts all a flutter', it makes the person seem so excited and in love. But how was I going to make 'fluttering' hearts on a card. It suddenly came to me last night while watching a horror movie (strange but true). 

I stamped the solid heart on white cardstock three times and then cut them out by hand. I then stamped the same hearts in red in a row of three on the card front. I scored the three cut-out hearts down the middle and folded them slightly and then used Glossy Accents down the back of the fold. The fold was then put in the middle of the stamped heart and I held it there till it set. It was then just a matter of stamping the sentiment and a few enamel dots. Love it!!

The heart stamp is from Lawn Fawn 'Woodgrain Backdrops' and the sentiment from Fiskars 'Hexagon Sentiments'. Enamel dots are from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this to the challenge at Addicted to Stamps #114 where their theme is 'Clean and Simple'. This is my second entry.

Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. I think this is my second entry.

Have another card to post but hungry children to feed (again). Its amazing how much more food we go thru when the kids are home compared to being sent off with a lunchbox. I can feel another grocery shop coming on....

Take care
Shona
 

8 comments:

  1. Divine card, LOVELY large hearts and just the right amount of white space and embellishments! YAY!!! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, so happy that you did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS design and the color combo of red, white and black is just fabulous, Shona! Love the font on the sentiment, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great design! And clever make for the challenge! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever clever, smart, wonderful, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a brilliant colour combo, Shona ... love the dimension on those sweet hearts ... and of course all the CASiliciousness! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona, your card is breathtaking. Your designs are just getting better and better. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful CAS card. Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete