Saturday 19 July 2014

Poppy Sketches Challenge # 8

4am. Yes, thats what time I went to bed this morning. I've hardly had time all week to make any cards (too busy playing waitress/cleaner/entertainment provider for my children and their friends on school holidays) and thought last night I was going to craft my heart out.

This is the fantabulous sketch/colour combo at Poppy Sketches this week. I don't use green very often on my cards, so thought it was a chance to incorporate something different.


I really liked the layout of the sketch so didn't want to stray from that too much. Decided to layer my papers, with the yellow paper on foam tape. I then heat embossed in gold the sentiment and popped that up as well. I also hadn't made my little flowers for a while, so thought that would make a nice butterfly substitute.

I'm going to enter this as well into the challenge at Addicted to Stamps # 104 where their theme is 'CAS - Clean and Simple. And since most of my cards are CAS, I have a feeling I will be overwhelming them with entries.

I have 3 more cards to post but getting the washing out comes first and then feeding the starving children. Dave just came over to me and said how amazing my cards look. Amazing what a few words from my husband can do to lift me up!!

Take care
Shona


 

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty flower, and I love how you embossed your sentiment in gold...it really adds elegance to this card! Love the pretty patterned paper you chose for your focal point, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave's right, Shona! This is lovely ... the wee fflower is a delight and the tiny bling in the centre and on the yummy gold embossed sentiment is so twinkly! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS card. It goes to show that you can use layering and patterned papers yet still keep your card clean and simple. Your hubby speaks the truth, great card. Thanks for playing along at ATSM, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the gold embossed sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you have the sweetest hubby! Don't you just love when that happens, makes me smile. How fun to stay up all hours of the night being crafty, sometimes it is just hard to stop. I love your beautiful and clean lines on this card, and I am calling this one a winner in my book, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I love the simplicity!
    Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go to bed when I wake up! Such a great card and hubby!
    Thanks for playing with us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave is right---your cards are amazing! Gorgeous take on Poppy Sketch 8! Thanks for playing along at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete