Sunday 6 July 2014

Poppy Sketches #7

Its 10.45am Sunday morning and I'm posting this in my pyjamas. Lazy I know but have been hanging out with the kids making crazy loom bracelets. I think I'm more addicted to the bands than my children!!!

Ever since the Poppy Sketches challenge started I've wanted to join in but never seem to get myself organised in time. I was determined to make something this time as I love myself some polka dots!
I purchased some journal cards on sale a few weeks ago and really wanted to use them as they have a fabulous texture and a nice pop of pink. I actually tried to do my first ever embossing but got the powder everywhere and burnt my fingers, so think I will need to do some more practicing with that...

The polka dot paper is from Lawn Fawn 'Peace Joy Love', the grey and pink card from We R Memory Keepers, sentiment from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments' and enamel dots from Papervine.

Have one more card to post but will go and have a shower first. Don't really relish the thought of someone popping in and we all look like we have just gotten out of bed!! The joys of a lazy Sunday morning....

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Very clean and classy! Thanks for playing with Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!
    Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am sure Poppy Sketches is very happy you finally got to play along because this is just too cute! I love your background paper and your sweet little sentiment too. And don't you just love crafting in your jammies...so fun and so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...but that's the joy of Sunday mornings....staying in your jammies as long as possible:)
    Sweet card, love the colors. Keep trying that heat embossing, once you do it, you'll be hooked!
    Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome CAS design!!! And good for you....relaxing on a Sunday morning....that's what Sundays are for! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crisp and fresh and gorgeous, Shona ... fabulous! Burnt fingers on embossing powder ... ouch ... maybe tweezers would help ... or do a Jennifer McGuire and temporarily adhere the card to a bigger strip to heat ... works a treat! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice cards. I love your style, very minimalist. You should keep trying embossing because the results are amazing! A few tricks: use an embossing buddy (static remover) it will help keep the powder only where you want it. Make sure you use quality stamp and versamark. Finally, I always give a good shake to my card before heating it and even blow on it so that there is only powder adhered where it is supposed to be.
    I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete