Thursday 10 July 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #83

I was determined to do this post. This is the 3rd time I've made this card and I just had to get it posted or it would haunt me forever!! A little melodramatic I know but doesn't it frustrate you when you just can't get your card right??!
I started off with this fabulous sketch at the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge. I was tempted to do flowers but wanted something different.
Then I came across this beautiful inspiration pictures at the Curtain Call Challenge and thought I could use these colours on the card.

And then, I remembered the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays #133 where their theme is 'Summer Lovin - using hearts in Summer Colours' and that was it, hearts made it on to my card!

I ruined this card two times amongst starving children, wet washing and slobbery dogs. I stamped the hearts in summery colours and then covered in Wink of Stella. Then lavished them all in Glossy Accents. I hand drew the strings. They look very strange at the bottom but there was no way I was going to make this again. Then a simple banner with sentiment...finally finished!!

The heart stamp is from Lawn Fawn 'Woodgrain Backdrops' and sentiment from Altenew 'Sohcahtoa'. 

Will also link this to the challenges at Curtain Call and CAS-ual Fridays as they both helped inspire this card.

Must link this now before any of the children find me. Taking them to the indoor pool soon to burn off some energy. Shame I can't take the dogs too!!

Take care
Shona

 

12 comments:

  1. Really really beautiful card! It is perfect! It was worth all your trouble. I would be surprise if you don't win at least one of the challenges with that. This is the kind of card I wish I had come up with! There is always CASEing I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very well done card Shona. Love the way the one balloon actually can be seen through th the other. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet & fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona fantastic heart balloons! Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, this card is so, so cool! It was worth the effort, for sure! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card, Shona! Love the elegant shimmery hearts..... I hope you feed those kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, soft colors and so perfectly CAS!
    Sometimes determination/tenacity is necessary! Occasionally I am at it ALL DAY (and usually keep at it 'til I get it right!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my....this is just stunning. Your heart shaped balloons are so festive and I love that shimmer look. What a sweet way to say thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your shimmery heart balloons - glad you kept going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such sweet heart balloons, Shona ... all shimmery and shiny in their coat of WoS and GA ... definitely worth all that effort, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those balloons!
    Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you muscled through and got this card made! It's gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete