Wednesday 11 June 2014

CAS - Colours and Sketches Challenge # 77

So cold and wet today. And the corner where my computer sits is absolutely freezing! Must invest in a little heater to keep me toasty while I surf the net.

I decided to have a go at the challenge this week at CAS - Colors and Sketches as the colour combo is quite pretty. I wasn't sure if I would have the right colour ink pads but they are close...

Yes, you are actually seeing flower stamps on my card. Amazing isn't it???!!! Yesterday I came home to find my Altenew stamps had arrived. My squeals would have been heard all over town. I spent hours last night playing around with them (I purchased Simple Shapes, Sohcahtoa and Painted Flowers) but spent most of my time stamping out flowers.

The effect from these stamps is incredible and I actually have some good ink combos for lots of different flowers, so you will be seeing many floral designs over the next few weeks.


I really wanted the flowers to shine so stamped directly on to the card base and saved the turquoise for the sentiment. I did struggle with putting on enamel dots or not but decided that the sentiment needed help to shine.

The flower stamps are from Altenew 'Painted Flowers', the sentiment from Altenew ' Sohcahtoa' and enamel dots from Papervine.

I'm also going to link this card to a new challenge that has been started by the fantastically wonderful Darnell. Its called the NBUS Challenge. Darnell coined the phrase 'NBUS' which stands for 'Never Before Used Schtuff' and her first challenge is 'Friendship Theme - Anything Goes'. And as my flower stamps are brand new, I'm going to play along.

Off to have some lunch by the fire with the dogs....lovely!

Take care
Shona




 

12 comments:

  1. Your flowers are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful! Happy to have found you through Darnell's challenge! Isn't this great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Shona. I feel you enabling me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect CAS card - and so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn you, Shona, you are enabling me to get MORE NBUS!! You did a brilliant coloring job with these flowers and I love the design having them go off the edge like that!

    Thank you so much for your kind words, for joining my NBUS Challenge, and for spreading the word! It means a lot to me! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS And thank you for putting my button on your side bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card - a great use of our colours this week at CC&S - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely Shona! I love the clean look and the way you used our colours.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours & Sketches this week :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent, excellent, excellent. CAS the way Cas should be. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done Shona! Love how you kept the flowers to the bottom corner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crisp, CAS and oh so pretty, Shona ... looking forward to more flowers! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crisp, CAS and oh so pretty, Shona ... looking forward to seeing more flowers! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete