Sunday 4 May 2014

Colour Me! Challenge # 18

Have certainly gotten back into the 'card making' spirit of things after my two week hiatus. I keep having to scribble down ideas for cards all over the house as designs pop into my head at the most strangest times (especially the shower for some reason...).

I was a bit naughty this week and purchased myself a few new metal dies. They are new releases from Spellbinders called 'Inspire'. I bought a set of clouds with raindrops and also one with three different words. I played around with the clouds last night and absolutely love them!

Over at the Colour Me! Challenge they are having an 'Anything Goes' week where you can use up to five different colours. This is my 2nd entry. 

As you can see I'm still playing around with sequins and rainbows but decided to use softer colours (instead of red, dark green, orange). I glued the sequins with Glossy Accents (very fiddly) and then popped up both of the clouds with foam squares. I then applied this panel to the front of the card with foam squares as well. 

I didn't mean to have the panel so narrow (I started the rainbow to far over...) but it worked out even better because the cloud now hangs over the side which gives it great dimension. I wish I had some lovely light grey cardstock for the clouds but love the white on white.

The sequins are by Studio Calico and purchased (along with enamel dots) from Papervine. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft 'You'.

I have another card I made but I'm not quite sure about it. Its a one-layer card that I inlayed with clouds in different patterned papers. It doesn't look horrible but there's something missing. Do you ever have moments like this with your cards? Will put it away for a day or two and then see what I think.

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. SQUEEE!!! your card is absolutely fabulous... love that sequin rainbow!! thanks so much for playing along with Colour Me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like simple cards Shona. Very nice clean and simple. great sequined rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of sequins. What a great CAS creation! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this!! Love your simple fresh style on so many of your projects Shona. Tres cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this is just one fabulous card. I love those sequins and each one is placed just as perfect as the next one. What a sweet card to send to a sweet friend, I love it!!!! Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aahhh, Shona ... white on white with the splash of stunning sequins in that glorious rainbow ... simply stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete