Saturday 5 April 2014

Retro Sketches Challenge #108

What a lovely time I had last night making cards at 7.30pm at night! To most people this would probably be normal but usually around this time I'm hanging out with the kids and I finally sit down around 10pm. 

Both kids were very lucky last night to go to Zirka Circus. They have no animals and have mainly acrobatic type acts. So Dave and I had the house to ourselves for the first time in 9 years! And what did we do???? I watched 'Alien' and made cards and Dave went to bed early. How sad are we!!!

I loved the sketch for this week and decided once again to slip in some clear acetate for something different......

I thought if I used circle shapes I could hide the foam squares holding up the clear acetate as the middle strip. I think it turned out pretty well.

The polka dot paper is from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date' and circles are also from Teresa Collins 'Daily Stories.The sentiment is from my favourite set Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'.

I really do enjoy doing this challenge as I love the sketches. However, I'm a bit confused about whether there are any winners for not?? There used to be and the last 'Shout Out' I could find at Retro Sketches was for challenge #102 back on the 1st March but there is nothing after that. I'm obviously a bit thick and missing something. If anyone knows where I should be looking, please let me know!!! 

Off to post another card. Another beautiful day here today but its been 2 weeks since we had any rain. My garden needs another sprinkler session I think!!

Take care
Shona

 

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous and fresh and crisp, Shona ... great use of 'me' time! Haven't ever played at Retro Sketches so can't help you with the results ... p'raps they'll come along in bulk! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete