Saturday 16 November 2013

Day 2 Holiday Card Online Workshop


2.10am. Yes, thats what time I went to bed this morning after trying to fit card making into my busy day. Wish I could spend time doing my crafts instead of washing/cleaning/vacuuming!!

Anyway, Day 2 (which came online for me on Thursday 2am) was incredible. It was all about working with die's and there were some amazing videos and ideas.  Unfortunately I have hardly any die's (one word, one tree and rectangles) so was very hard for me to try out any of the ideas. But my good old Kiwi 'can-do' kicked in and I tried my best.

Debby Hughes did the most amazing 'snow scene' card with snowflakes etc. I had to hand cut my snowy hills (which you can see, how wobbly....) and just used some stars instead of using embossing paste (have no embossing equipment etc). I am really happy with it and love the hill layering (will do that again!). And have fallen in love with my Glossy Accents, it makes such a difference!!

During my mammoth card making I discovered a small offcut card and decided to do this:




How I love my Lawn Fawn Peace Love Joy 6x6 paper pad!! And then while going thru my offcuts again I found an angled piece of white card, so did this:





Once again I got out my Lawn Fawn pad. I used some washi tape  along the edge of the angle and put the white card on some foam tape. Am waiting for a huge pile of stamp pads to arrive (can't wait) so mainly using my Versacube in Sky Grey.

Been 29 degrees here today and just remembered that I was supposed to do this post this morning. Day 3 came online early this morning, so will be making cards again tonight. Am really enjoying it, just wish I had a few more hours in the day!!

Take care
Shona
  



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards! Can't pick a favorite--I like all of them!

    ReplyDelete